The best and the worst of 2016: Morning Musume '16 A-side ranking!

The end of the year has been closing in and with only 11 days in 2016 we are going on with my ranking of songs! What do we have today?

Morning Musume '16 A-side ranking!
This was Morning Musume's first year without Sayashi Riho since she joined, we saw a smiling Suzuki Kanon graduate and we welcomed two new members as their 13th generation. Morning Musume released two singles this year with a total of 6 songs. And here is my ranking of them!

Number 6
At the bottom of the list we find Sou Janai! This song was Makino Maria's first center song and written by Tsunku. I love the song. I love the melody, the cool vibe and the chorus. Yet I am not a big fan of the Sou janai! parts and the part following, nor am I a big fan of Maria's voice. 
The MV is really nice and I love the whole dramatic/robotic feel it has. The girls look really pretty and the setting is really awsome. I do listen to this song quite often, yet it's absolutly not my favorite of this year.

Number 5
Number 5 gives us another song written by Tsunku: Tokyo to Iu Katasumi. It is another EDM song, with a great beat and vocals. This song is quite fast and makes me wanna move (run or something, I don't know). The Crazy Beat part are something I love and hate at the same time. It sounds so awsome and out of place at the same time. 
I really adore the chorus and I think Sakura and Masaki rock their center position. Overall this song is really nice. The MV is a bit boring, but also has great parts (all the casual clothes parts are love). Yet again it's a song that isn't as good as some others. 

Number 4
Number 4 and 3 actually have a shared spot. It really depends on my mood which of the two I like more. The Vision is a beautiful song, with such a great message to it. I really adore the vocals and softness of this song. Yet is somehow still stays cool. The preformance of this song during their My Vision tour is amazing and so fitting to the song. 
This song really touches my heart and it has a well deserved place at number 3/4. The MV is really simple, yet really pretty and I love the dance in it. Yet I wish they had kept Kudo as singer. AND SAKURA'S VOICE HERE <3

Number 3
Having a flashback with Sexy Cat no Enzetsu? That's quite possible as it has some melodies that might remind you of Ijiwaru shinaide Dakishimete yo by Juice=Juice. Yet Sexy Cat has a feel of it's own. It's sexy, it's daring, it's cheeky and dang is it fun! Like I said this song actually shares it's place with The Vision, as both are amazing songs. Sexy Cat ofcourse has Sakura, Mizuki and Kudo has centers and Kudo is rocking her part as a cheeky cat!
The MV of this song is really pretty and has a lot of great parts. I love the room they are in, the cheeky cats and the playing in the end. This song is so different and amazing!

Number 2
When I heared Utakata Saturday Night! I never though it would end up being number 2 of the year. My first listen was quite disappointing and I wished they had given Zukki another song to graduate her with. But man was I wrong. If Morning Musume released a song that is fun, cute and wonderful (like Zukki), it's this song. It's such a great song!!
So the MV might be a bit tacky, but the whole feel is so amazing and Zukki had such an amazing part in the song. I really like to go all out on this song and dance my heart out. This song might have been one of the best Morning Musume songs in a while. 

Number 1
Did you figure out which song was going to be my number 1 this year? It is: 
Mukidashi de Mukiatte!
I couldn't believe my ears when this song started. The beat, the vocals, the vibe, this song blew me away with the first few beats. This song is prefect in my eyes (ears). I love it so much! It might not be as fun as Utakata, but it's so cool and it shows such a different side of Morning Musume. 
The MV has so many amazing parts and shots. I love the dance and the dark room parts. This song shows why I love Morning Musume and what is great about them. I love them so much (cries). The chorus is the best part of all, and Eripon's line is prefect. This song is Live even better and not a lot of songs can say that. 
So maybe the outfits are a bit meh and the covers are cheap and ugly, but the song and MV are to amazing and they won my heart. I think this song will stay one of my favorites for a long time and I might never get bored of it. 

So, what were your favorites this year? Do you agree with my ranking?

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Tsubaki Factory- 17sai

2016 Member Ranking- Morning Musume '16

Juice=Juice week: Master post