The best and the worst of 2014: S/mileage's a-side ranking

I can't believe this is the last time I will rank S/mileage's songs!! It's so weird to think about them as ANGERME, eventhough I love the name. At least S/mileage had a pretty solid year is singles, which makes ranking them more fun! I was kinda suprised to find that S/mileage only released 2 singles this year! TWO! Urgh all the other groups had so many songs... 

Number 4
Aa, Susukino is one of those songs that I love right from the start. I really like how dramatic the song is and how prefect it fits the voices of the members. The Meimi/Kanon lead is perfect for this song. I adore how they let Ayaka and Rina do the talking parts, which make the song even more original. This song has a lot of amazing parts, eventhough I think the chorus is a bit weak against the amazing verses. 
This song is at number 4, because It kinda bores me after a few listens, When I haven't heared it in a while, I love listening to it, but this is no song to have on repeat. 

Number 3
These cool cover don't do justice to the happiness and amazingness that is Eighteen Emotion. If you ever feel down, go listen to this super happy and awsome song! This song has a very positive and cute vibe around it, which fits S/mileage perfectly. All the members get to sing and they sound amazing!! I really like the message of this song. 
The chorus is really something to look forwards too. I really like the feel of this song and I really like to dance and sing along with it!

Number 2
Don't be fooled by these ugly covers! Chikyuu wa Kyou mo Ai wo Hagukumu might have been one of the most amazing H!P songs of this year! This song really sounds kinda Juice=Juice like, but I am really happy S/mileage got it! The whole feel of this song is really cool and the chorus is one of the best ever! Do you love me? is a really good English part, which is chatchy and fits the song. Ayaka and Akari have the lead in this song and they really make it have such a beautiful feel. 
The high note in the end of the chorus is so incredible! It's hard to describe what makes this song so awsome. I love the whole feeling this song gives and how much emotion the girls putt into it! Please look forwards to the bridge and the chorus after it!


Time for number one! I feel like this was such a short ranking.. Oh it was :(.
Number 1
It might have been a quite awkward MV, but the song is AMAZING. Mystery Night had everything I love in a song. The song gave a bit of an exotic feel. The beginning is so pretty and I love how the voices of the girls really stand out! Ayaka showed her again that she can sing really good, if the lines are right. The chorus is really catchy and easy to remember (come on come one) and the Mystery parts are freaking awsome, I adore Meimei's one the most! I am really happy Kana and Rina got to sing a solo line, they were perfect! 
The bridge and the ending are really something I always look forwards too. They are super beautiful instrument wise and the vocals are to die for. I know that this song is not something everybody will like, but for me, this song was perfect.

This year was a really good year in songs, but I am so sad S/mileage didn't have more singles released this year.. Anyway I can't wait to hear and see more of ANGERME!

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Tsubaki Factory- 17sai

2016 Member Ranking- Morning Musume '16

Juice=Juice week: Master post