S/mileage: Are you ready for the next chapter?

Hello Hello everyone,
I'm back from France!! It was amazing <3. 
And ofcourse something really important was announced while I was on my vacation. 
I wanted to talk to you about this and show you all my thoughts.
Here we go!
S/mileage: Are you ready for the next chapter?
S/mileage, urgh, how do I even start to talk about this group? I remember talking about S/mileage on my other blog in 2012, when Yuuka had just left. Okay, well let's do this again. 
I followed S/mileage from the very beginning. I found out about them when Yuuka, Ayaka and Kanon left to form the group with Saki. I remember being really mad that they had to leave Shugo Chara Egg to form S/mileage, but after hearing Ama no Jaku I fell in love. 
S/mileage had this kinda fun, but classy feel to them. I loved how their outfits always sorta looked chic. Their songs were fun and new. The group dynamics worked really well and they where just a perfect group who trained long enough to be amazing. Their songs where so good and the whole chemestry was so much fun to watch.
And then the day came when Tsunku announced the second generation of members. I didn't really know what to think of it back then. I mean I always love new members, they keep the groups new and fresh, but S/mileage was kinda perfect to me. And well I knew a second generation ment one of the first generation members leaving soon. I followed the S/mileage auditions every day. And to be honest I got quite exited after seeing girls like Oda Sakura, Tamura Meimi and Miyamoto Karin audition. When the new members where announced, I remember so well, I was on a vacation in Brighton and I searched for Wifi everywhere just to see the video. And I found it. I was really happy about Fuu, Kanana and Meimi. I didn't know Akari nor Rinapuu so I kinda ignored them? Nah I just didn't know who there were or what they did.
The new members had a hard time. They weren't fully accepted by the members nor the fans. When Ogawa Saki announced her graduation just days after the new members were introduced, I was heart broken. Sakitty was my S/mileage oshi and even now, seeing these pictures with her: I still miss that girl. Sakitty left and the group went from 4 to 9 to 8 members. And it couldn't be more suprising, but not longer afterwards Fuu-chan had to leave because of health problems. S/mileage was in Crisis as Ayaka herself called it.
The day all of the four sub-members became full members, I was super happy. They all worked so hard and they deserved to be full members. The second generation was born and with that name, I knew a third generation was coming sooner or later. So I was really suprised when Yuuka announced her graduation. It was a next slap in the face for S/mileage. It was incredibly sad to see another first generation member leave. S/mileage didn't seem S/mileage anymore....

For years now S/mileage have been these six girls:
They worked very hard and had to endure so much. I remember those video's of Tsunku telling them to work harder and them not meeting the standards. I thought the third gen would be added back then, but for some reason the girls just battled on at their sales started to grow. This year S/mileage got their first solo Budokan concert and it was a great succes. But as Ayaka mentioned: what would become of S/mileage when Kanon or Ayaka wants to leave? The second generation members are amazing, but to me S/mileage will always first be Ayaka, Yuuka, Kanon and Saki. For some reason they are S/mileage and the current S/mileage are a group with girls working under the name S/mileage, but they aren't really S/mileage. 
Please don't get me wrong! I really love all the girls, but they are just a very diffrent group than the 4-nin S/mileage. That's why I totally understand Ayaka and Kanon.

For years I felt guilty for not seeing the current S/mileage as S/mileage, but I know now why. Tsunku choose the name S/mileage for the four founding members and they just fitted it so perfectly, that any other girl wouldn't fit just as good.


But now S/mileage will be changing their name and there will be new members. This will change everything. All the new members will be from the Kenshuusei, which means they will have experience. That is great. They will have a new start and I think this will be amazing for the 2nd generation. 
I can't wait to find out which kenshuusei girls get in. Ofcourse I have my predictions:
Tanabe Nanami, Yamaki Risa, Niinuma Kisora and Aikawa Maho. But I think all girls make a fair chance! Let's wait a good few days and we will find out in what way S/mileage will change. 
But for now:
Keep your Smile!
Byebye! 
Kate

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Tsubaki Factory- 17sai

2016 Member Ranking- Morning Musume '16

Juice=Juice week: Master post