One year ago.

My blog isn't even a year old, so my last post about this event was on my other blog.

It has been a year.
I can't believe it has been a year.

One year ago a plane crashed in Ukraine. They say it was hit by a missile.
298 people lost their lives that day.
There were 193 dutch people in that plane, about 10 of them lived in a radius of 15 km from me. 
I lost no one. Non of the people on the plane was someone I actually knew well.
But I know people who did have people they love on this plane and through them I felt a loss.

It has been a year and what a year it has been.
I live near Hilversum. This is where those people where brought. This is where they got their identity back, so they could return to their family and friends. 
Every week I drive past the Korporaal van Oudheusdenkazerne and I see the flowers and other tributes to the people who should have been going on vacation.

It has been a year, a year of tragady.
The crash has been on tv this whole week. Tributes, memories, docu's and many other things were shown. But nothing makes it any easier.
A year later we still don't know exactly what happend and those people will never come back.

This year was for me normal.
I didn't lose anybody and I could live my days as always.
But there are people who lost their lives with the people on the plane.
Parents, children, sisters, brothers, friends.
They lost a part of their lives and I can't imagen how it must be. 

I hope that today or this week you will all tell your loved ones how much you care about them.
Because you never know when the last time might be you can do this.
It doesn't matter if they are at the beginning, middle or end of their lives. 
Someone should't die like this.

Kate

Reacties

  1. What a hauntingly honest piece. Indeed, life is so short, so fragile. I'm glad you (and others) are keeping the memory alive because it's so easy (too easy) to forget things like that in an era of social media.

    Your empathy truly is showing. (hug)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thank you so much for always commenting <3 It's hard to think about stuff like this, but we need to remember. It might save people next time. It's important for us and for the people involved to never forget it.

      Verwijderen

Een reactie posten

Populaire posts van deze blog

Tsubaki Factory- 17sai

2016 Member Ranking- Morning Musume '16

Juice=Juice week: Master post